Friday, June 28, 2013

The Wisdom of Five-Year-Olds

Probably going to be a short post, but I think sometimes that's okay.

Sometimes I feel life is just so hectic. I think sometimes I get over cynical because I'm an adult and that's what adults do sometimes.

I'm seriously nostalgic for the days where I'd wake up, not have to worry about getting ready for a job that I sometimes hate, working ten, eleven, even fifteen hour days (yeah, just did two of those, sheesh), come home exhausted and then do the whole thing all over again. 

I miss the days where I didn't have to worry about groceries, paying bills, worrying about paying for a stupid, broken down car and weighing the benefits of just buying a new one.  

We need carefree moments in our lives or I think we'd all go crazy. Having taken care of crazy people, it's not a desirable state in which to live. Some people are so strung out about how they live their lives and worrying about sometimes greatly unnecessary things, they miss what's really important.

I think I feel this more often than I should at my age. 

Recently we've had a lot of rain, which lead to a lot of people I know on Facebook posting pictures of the post-rain rainbows. My reaction towards about 90% of the pictures were, "Who cares about the freakin' rainbows?" But maybe my reaction should have been less, I don't know...ragey? It's a good thing people were taking the time out to appreciate something, even if it's seemingly as insignificant as a rainbow.

Today, I had a carefree moment, which prompted this post.

I was at a coworker's house following a failed Mary Kay party. My coworker has a five-year-old and she was seven levels of devastated (okay, that might be an exaggeration) that nobody got to try on make-up. Once we got back to my friends house, I offered my face as a canvas to her daughter.

The result left me looking something like this:

Minus the beard, cigarette and more purple than blue

I look like a walking disaster--almost like I got beat up in a back alley--but it was worth the excitement that her daughter had spending the twenty minutes making me up. It was worth the twenty minutes that I wasn't worried about anything causing me strife and that I was equally as much as five-year-old as she was.
 
Everyone needs to have these moments in their lives, or life will get incredibly dull, worrisome and bleak. 
 
So, go out and get your make up done by a five-year-old. You'll feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment